Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Year's in Idaho

We got to spend a week with Brandon's parents in Idaho after Christmas. We had soooo much fun with them. I made my very first baby quilt, under Fayann's very needed direction. It turned out very cute.
We also went up to a cabin for New Year's Eve and spent the night there. It was a very memorable trip, partly because at times I thought we were all going to freeze to death, and also because after the survival portion of our trip we had an amazing time. We rang in the new year playing dominos in the light of our head lamps (the generator wouldn't start) huddled under a blanket hut that the boys made to trap the heat. It was a New Year's I will never forget!One of my favorite parts of our trip was the rainy night that we got a call from Brandon's grandma telling us that her basement was flooding. Without a second of hesitation Brandon, Lamar and Harry ran and got all their flood gear. I thought it was hilarious. They made it seem like they were going off to war. As Brandon was going out the door, he turned around, grabbed my face and kissed me and said triumphantly, "I've got to go save the world". So glad boys like that stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment