Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Miss Brandon

Brandon is in Florida this week to present at a National Nursing Simulator Convention. He has been there for two days and has already had some pretty cool experiences. He had his first presentation today and said that it went really well...of course it did, who are we kidding. He has another one tomorrow and was also signed up in a nursing competition, which he will also do tomorrow. He is judged on how well he provides care to his patient (which is actually a very real-to-life simulator) who will have some sort of trauma happen to him/her/it. I'm sure he will do amazing.

My sweet mother came up to Provo last night to stay with me while Brandon is gone. We had a fun day today...went to the Temple, the fabric store, Tucanos for lunch, Costco, the library, and then I finally got some work done and mom went and did some ProArgi9 testing. It's been a fun day...even though I miss my husband a lot.

Tonight my mom gave me this article of sorts entitled "True and Lasting Love". It rang very true to me and I wanted to write a little bit of it here.

"Few things are more beautiful that a couple in love.... We may consider them lucky, but they will tell you that it's not luck that keeps them in love. It's choosing to stay in love, all along the way. They have come to know that love is a behavior, a series of actions and choices - not just an elusive feeling that might someday escape them."

And then from Shakespeare:
Love is not love,
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove;
O no! It is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken.

I just loved those thoughts. All of those adorable aged couples still holding hands are not the product of a happenstance fairytale romance that just fell from the sky. They have chosen to love and worked at it throughout their whole lives. It is absolutely admirable to me and I want to be in their club. I want to hold Brandon's comforting hands for forever and love it as much as I do today. I miss you Honey!

2 comments:

  1. pretty much the sweetest post I've ever read. Ever! You 2 will definitely have that love, you're just too cute together! Miss you Lana Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those quotes! They are beautiful and true. I think you and Brandon are a great example of a couple in love, too :) We will miss you guys and your great examples!

    ReplyDelete