Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Christmas In Provo

We shared our first married Christmas together in our cozy little apartment. It was so much fun. You would think that with just the two of us, already adults, we would have a nice relaxing Christmas morning and sleep in a little. Such might be the case for other childless couples, but not with this little Lewis Fam. I'm pretty sure Brandon loves Christmas more than most little kids do, so naturally he woke me up at 4:30 am to start our Christmas day. :) As is tradition in my family, we had to have a glass of freshly juiced oranges. Since Brandon didn't want me to see anything yet, I waited for him to bring me my orange juice. When I walked out into our living room, I immediately began to cry. Hanging from our entertainment center was the very tree swing that Brandon and I fell in love on and where he proposed to me (the first time) :). It is my favorite swing in the world. Brandon wanted us to keep the swing for all of our future homes and for our kids so he went back to Millrace condos, where I used to live, and cut it down. He made another swing and hung it in it's place. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter gift. I love it.

He also updated a book I gave him two Christmases ago with all of our emails, letters, notes, some journal entries, and a bunch of ticket stubs and receipts from things we have done together. Wow....what a journey we have been on together. It's such a treasure.

We had a fun morning together playing games and watching my favorite movie "Ramona and Beezus", which I also got for Christmas. And then we spent the rest of the day at Brandon's brother Cory's house with his wife, Jamie. It was a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. THE SWING! That was the sweetest present I've EVER heard of!! Snaps to you Brandon!

    ReplyDelete