Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Trip Home To St. George

While Brandon was in Washington DC, I got to go to St. George and hang out with my family. It was soooo nice to catch up with everyone and actually see a little sunshine! My sweet mother and sisters threw me a Baby Shower while I was there. It was so fun, and I absolutely love the adorable things everyone got for our cute little boy! People are nice, I decided!
My sister-in-law, Jamie, made these little sucker looking cakes (I know they have a name, but I have no idea what that name is). I thought they were so adorable. Another exciting thing that happened while I was there was that my crazy sister, Amber, did the Ironman. Just when I thought she couldn't get any more hard-core....she just never ceases to amaze me. Never having done a single triathlon, she had about three weeks to train on a road bike and in the pool. She swam 2.4 miles, biked an insanely hard 112 mile bike course, and then ran a marathon with the temperature at about 93 degrees. She finished in 14 hours and I bawled when she came through. She is one dedicated girl and I love her to pieces!

Brandon surprised me in the middle of the night when he showed up in St. George, having just flown into Salt Lake that night. I was one happy little wife!!! He brought me roses for Mother's Day and some stuff from DC, and we got to spend all of Mother's Day together. We went to my mom's ward first, cause I sang in Sacrament meeting with my mom playing the piano (we don't get to do that together very much anymore), then we went to a different ward to listen to my friend, Colleen, speak, and then we spent the rest of the day visiting family. It was wonderful! I loved my trip home and I love my family!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was a joy to have you and Brandon here for a spell. Hopefully you can do that fairly often:)

    ReplyDelete